Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies.

My 'inlaw' came to visit the other week. He bought this organic peanut butter that is as runny as water! It's kinda gross! I thought to myself what can I do with this?! Why not make peanut butter cookies!

I tried my hand for the first time at making some flourless cookies...they turned out yum!

I dipped them in dark chocolate and the yum factor doubled!



Thank you Pastry Affair for the recipe!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Gluten-Free Girl

Yields about 12 cookies

1 cup peanut butter (I used extra-chunky for more texture)
2/3 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
Chocolate, for drizzling (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter and sugar. It is much easier to do it by hand than to use a machine; just use a tough spatula. Mix in the baking powder and egg until evenly combined.

Form small balls and roll cookie dough in extra sugar. Place evenly on a baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 5-10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely. The cookies will be very fragile and need to harden before they can be moved. Drizzle with chocolate, if desired

Make them! You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

Paula said...

what an awesome blog! I can`t wait to see your future posts! :)

have a great time,
Paula