I went to Trader Joe's this afternoon with my daughter. I told her to grab a banana to eat on the subway. When we got home, I realized that when she grabbed her banana she some how managed to tear apart the rest of the bananas. I needed to make something FAST!
Muffins are easy and come on who doesn't love muffins? I have been seeing tons of recipes lately for baked goods with browned butter. Let's just say I am now in love with browned butter!
Look at this delicious nutty yumminess!
The recipe I used didn't call for brown butter or chocolate chips but oh well, I mixed it up!
Mmmmmm raw batter.
I let my daughter have a lick of the bowl she told me it tastes like heaven! She's sweet.
Yum Yum Yum the final product. By the way...totally not waiting for breakfast to eat them. Is it awful to eat muffins for dinner?
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used a 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat flour)
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 large bananas, mashed
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup butter, melted (I browned mine)
* Throw in some chocolate chips if you want!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.
20 hours ago